New to safety razors, need some clarification on creams with built-in bowl.

Home Forums Grooming New to safety razors, need some clarification on creams with built-in bowl.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  James Tanner 79 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

pgilfrd

I’ve been watching the apetogentleman youtube videos and have decided to switch to a safety razor. I bought a 1954 Gillette Super Speed off of eBay, Feather HI-Stainless blades, a cheap badger brush, and Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl with cream. I bought this cream due to the high reviews on Amazon.

My question is about the combined bowl and cream. My guess is that I just add a little water to the top of the soap-block, and then use the brush to create a lather. Is this correct?

Ape to Gentleman
    Keymaster

pgilfrd said

I’ve been watching the apetogentleman youtube videos and have decided to switch to a safety razor. I bought a 1954 Gillette Super Speed off of eBay, Feather HI-Stainless blades, a cheap badger brush, and Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream Bowl with cream. I bought this cream due to the high reviews on Amazon.

My question is about the combined bowl and cream. My guess is that I just add a little water to the top of the soap-block, and then use the brush to create a lather. Is this correct?

Some good choices. Don’t bother wetting the cream – just wet the brush, shake off any excess and lather the cream in the bowl. Or place a small amount on the brush and lather it directly on your face.

I love shaving this way. Once I started wet shaving properly with the right equipment I never looked back. Why even bother with electric shavers anymore?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.