Skin care Tips from Lab Series Expert – Richard Sawyer
Start off your skincare regimen with the Lab Series Multi Action Face Wash. This multi-action and vitamin enriched foaming cream digs deep to cleanse and exfoliate the skin, all while prepping it for a close shave. The purifying beads remove dead skin cells and impurities, minimising ashiness.
Razor got a little too close to the skin? Soothe razor burns fast with Lab Series’ Razor Burn Relief Ultra. A lightweight soothing lotion, Razor Burn Relief Ultra moisturises the affected area, calms the skin and rebuilds the moisture barrier damaged by shaving.
The most important factor in skincare is applying SPF daily. Fond of being outdoors? Make sure to apply Daily Moisture Defense Lotion SPF 15 before heading out. It’s infused with antioxidants that continuously hydrate and help to protect the skin from UVA/UVB rays, smoke and pollution. In addition, it minimises signs of aging, smoothes fine lines and improves overall skin texture. For those seeking higher SPF protection, there is also Power Protector SPF 50. Not only does it protect from the harsh environment, it helps visibly brighten and prevent skin discolorations for a younger, healthier appearance.
Richard’s Top Skincare and Grooming Tips:
1. No matter how tired you feel or how late it is, try your best to wash your face before you go to bed. Apply your moisturiser before going to bed. You’ll be glad you did in the morning – you may feel rough, but you’ll look like you had 8 hours of sleep!
2. If your shirt and tie cause friction and irritation on your neck after shaving, shave at night instead. Your skin will recover overnight and there is less chance of redness in the morning.
3. Shave in the direction of the beard growth. Shaving against the grain can cause redness and for some, ingrown hairs.
4. Warm your moisturiser on your finger tips before applying to your face. You will use less and it will be absorbed more easily and quickly.
5. When the heat rises, don’t melt! Choose a moisturiser that gives hydration without adding oil and grease. You might need to change the moisturisers from season to season as the temperatures and climates change.
Read more about Lab Series Skincare for Men.
About Richard Sawyer:
Richard Sawyer is a 21 year veteran in the cosmetics industry including 14 years at The Estée Lauder Companies. His extensive knowledge and expertise in the skincare and grooming market has propelled Richard to become spokesperson and International Education Director for the High Tech, High Performance Lab Series Skincare For Men brand.