Molton Brown for Men Collection is a ten product offering designed to “meet the demands of the modern gent” and apes I hasten to add. Molton Brown place emphasis on naturally derived ingredients and combine them with science to produce products such as the fantastically popular naran ji and thai vert hand wash and now their aforementioned men’s collection.
The Molton Brown men’s offering is built around a three-step regime; Wash. Shave. Moisturise.
Step 1: Wash
‘Wash’ lays focus on men’s skin which you should know is naturally greasier and more prone to breakouts. To deal with these issues it’s important to wash away the skin-clogging dirt and oils left there by exercise, travel and the daily grind.
- Molton Brown deep-clean mineral ions facewash – an deep cleaning, daily gel wash with active minerals. £17.00 for 125ml
- Molton Brown skin-clear jade face exfoliator – a scrub to rid your face and neck of dead cells, alleviate in-grown hairs and boost circulation. £19.00 for 125ml
Step 2: Shave
Did you know that a beard bristle can be as strong as a piece of copper wire with the same diameter? All men find shaving tricky so Molton Brown have created three shave formats which are designed to be conditioning, provide easy razor glide and minimise burn.
- Molton Brown re-charge black pepper shave oil – created with all natural oils, including Amazonian gymestra sylvestra leaf, seednoir and plum. Good for sensitive and dry skin. £18.00 for 30ml
- Molton Brown conditioning olibanum supershave. – a rich moisturising shaving cream infused with olibanum (frankincense) and pure vitamin E to give a smooth, calm and close shave. It softens the beard, gives good razor glide, protects and cares for the skin. Suitable for sensitive to dry skin types. £18.00 for 125ml
- Molton Brown calming citron ultrashave for a quick, slick, pain-free shaving experience. £20.00 for 125ml
Step 3: Moisturise
Most apes and gents are coming to terms with moisturising as it’s now not considered unmanly and with shaving, sports, climate extremes and office conditions, skin can take a battering so it’s important to keep it hydrated. Choose from the popular Molton Brown ultra light bai ji hydrator or one of the targeted products from the brand new line up below:
- Molton Brown power-boost zinc anti-fatigue hydrator – suffering from a hangover or similarly painful jetlag? This product uses a combination of Japanese Sake extract, which helps to smooth and freshen, with zinc mineral complex to restores cell vigour and boost freshness and vitality. £29.00 for 50ml
- Molton Brown skin-firm lipoamino hydrator – available in 2 versions; with and without SPF, both contains a blend of hinoki oil and plant-derived lipoamino acid to minimise existing wrinkles and bolster defence against new ones from free radical scavengers. £35.00 for 5oml
- Molton Brown bright vita eye-energy serum – puffy eyes? Dark circles? Concerned about fine lines? This double action serum uses vitamin B3, ash bark extract and a reflecting complex to improve circulation, brighten and firm the eye-area. If you are feeling under the weather – your eyes won’t show it, a secret weapon for the office draw. £22.00 for 15ml
- Molton Brown skin-firm lipoamino hydrator – £36 for 50mls. Dispensed via a ‘gym friendly’, manly bottle with pump, good for hygiene purposes and importantly ease of use. The cream itself quickly absorbs because it is light and thoroughly moisturises.
- Secondly, the Molton Brown bright vita eye-energy serum and at £22 it’s a good price point. The 15ml serum is again housed in a ‘gym friendly’, manly bottle with pump, good for hygiene purposes which I believe is essential when dealing with the eye area. The serum itself is light and after applying a small quantity the skin around my eyes is left suitably hydrated. Key for the eye area is firstly the absence of a scent and secondly it doesn’t sting – this product doesn’t.
- Finally, the Molton Brown volumising thekku hairwash. The smell will be popular with gents and a little goes a long way – my hair was left clean, smelling great (‘standard’ Molton Brown) and importantly, feeling thicker! £18.00 for 300ml
The Molton Brown Men Collection offers an array of great products cleverly combined with Molton Brown’s fragrance expertise. If you’re an Ape or Gentleman and a fan of Molton Brown then I thoroughly endorse giving this collection a try.
For more information or to purchase visit nivenandjoshua.com