With the ever-growing ant-ageing concerns of apes and gentlemen, Clinique have released the Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector. Men’s skin is exposed to constant aggressors from sun exposure to stress to pollution which deteriorate collagen and elastin which over time produces those lines, wrinkles, uneven skin texture and can reduced skin clarity.
The Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector is an easily absorbed affair, termed ‘de-ageing serum’, formulated to work day and night to reduce the appearance of those lines and wrinkles, and repair and help prevent UV damage with results similar to an (expensive) dermatological laser treatment. Clinique advise using three drops twice a day, courtesy of the syringe-like dispenser and in 12 weeks, you should achieve 63% of the visible wrinkle reducing power of a laser – not bad considering the extortionate cost of laser treatment!
The serum address 3 main areas of concern:
VISIBLY REPAIRS UV DAMAGE
UV is still one of the leading causes of accelerated ageing. Harmful rays penetrate deeply into skin causing direct damage to cellular DNA and distortions in the skin’s regeneration process, and indirect damage from the release of free radicals. The visible results of sun damage include: breakdown of collagen, uneven skin texture and the early appearance of lines and wrinkles, the “solar scars” that are the noticeable proof of collagen loss from extended UV exposure.
A potent blend of three patented repair enzymes encapsulated in a liposome delivery system work to help visibly reverse UV damage and mend “solar scars.” This technology represents 20 years of clinical study into molecular delivery systems and aids penetration deep within the surface of the skin to dramatically revitalise the appearance of photo ageing.
- Micrococcus Luteus (Ultrasomes V) – these liposomes work best at night to intensify the skin’s ability to visibly repair sun-inflicted damage from UVB rays.
- Photolyase Fermentate (Photosomes V) – absorbs visible light to promote natural cellular repair, working efficiently during daylight hours, to improve the appearance of sun damaged skin over time.
- OGG-1 Fermentate (Roxisomes) – derived from the mustard plant, protects cells from oxidative damage resulting from UV and intrinsic ageing.
WRINKLE REDUCING POLYPEPTIDE TECHNOLOGY
A high-level peptide complex boosts natural collagen production and helps maintain existing natural collagen with essential ingredients. Skin becomes more firm, and the appearance of lines and wrinkles is diminished. Targeted for application around the entire face and especially the delicate eye area, it works to help reverse one of the most visible signs of ageing by effectively smoothing and softening the appearance of eye creases.
- Whey Protein – a natural, amino acid rich, polypeptide helps skin look and feel more firm and resilient while minimising the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) – helps to plump the skin and increase natural collagen production, resulting in firm skin and minimised appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 – this bio-peptide helps prompt natural collagen production.
FREE RADICAL PROTECTION
Additionally, a cocktail of ingredients work to protect skin by helping to fight free radicals from environmental aggressors and to prevent future damage to the skin.
- Vitamin C and E (Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate and Tocopheryl Acetate) – provide antioxidant protection from free radicals induced by UV.
- Ergothioneine – this naturally occurring amino acid is a powerful antioxidant, helping to protect skin from environmental aggressors. Works with Vitamin C and E, helping to provide balance to the skin and helping to re-activate each other.
- Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Juice Extract – contains Ellagic Acid to help protect the skin and defend the skin against visible damage.
The Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle & UV Damage Corrector is suitable for all skin types, gender and ages. Apply morning and night evenly all over face and around eye area after the Clinique 3-Step Skin Care Regime. £35.00 or €48.00 for 30ml.
Allergy Tested. 100% Fragrance Free. Oil-Free. Dermatologist Tested. Ophthalmologist Tested. Non-Comodegenic.
Exclusively available in Selfridges nationwide and Brown Thomas Ireland from 6th August 2010. Available at all Clinique counters nationwide from 10th September 2010.