There is only one secret to healthy looking skin and that is discipline. If you follow the following 5 steps your complexion will look a lot healthier and vibrant within a matter of weeks. Why not give it a try…?
1. One of the most important things you can do for your skin is to get your cleansing routine sorted. You need to have a skincare routine. Thorough cleansing is the foundation of radiant skin. And the key to great cleansing is time and consistency. Most people spend less than 20 seconds washing their face and many only splash with water. With the build-up of oil, grime and dust this simply is not good enough and skin is in danger of becoming clogged and looking dull. Find yourself a suitable PH balanced cleanser and gently rub in on a wet face in circular motion with your finger tips. Stay away from alcohol based cleansers as they strip the skin of its essential oils. This triggers the skin to create more oil leading to oily skin. You should also avoid soap. Soap is alkaline and leaving it in the warm, wet conditions of the bathroom creates the perfect breeding ground for bacteria, not something that you want to be rubbing on your skin. Not only that, but soap also strips your skin of its acidic layer. Follow up by using a moisturiser to keep the skin young and subtle.
2. Make time for a facemask followed by exfoliator at least once a week. Clay based masks are the best for unclogging all the pores of built-up dirt and grime. Follow up with an exfoliator to get rid of all the dead skin cells leaving the face feeling fresh and radiant. Don’t forget this is also a time to relax and reflect. Be clam and patient and for an added bonus why not put a slice of cucumber on each eye. Cucumber helps to suck out impurities from the skin and its most beneficial used around the eyes. This will leave you feeling completely refreshed.
3. Stay away from cigarettes and smoke. Smoking is well known for aging the skin. The smoke also blocks up the pores on the skin with all the impurities we are advising to cleanse your skin of. To avoid early age wrinkles and hard looking skin give up smoking.
4. Drink at least one and half litres of water a day to get rid of all the impurities in your blood stream and keep your skin hydrated. Cut down on your alcohol intake. Alcohol dehydrates the skin and overworks your liver. If your liver is working hard to filter all the alcohol in your blood stream, it has far less time to get rid of all the other impurities.
5. Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. This could involve running, walking or stretching. Exercise helps with your metabolism and blood circulation keeping you fit, young and healthy. This will reflect in the way you feel and look.