First impressions are lasting ones and shoes are always the first place you look. So this season put your best foot forward and make sure you are doing it right with Ape to Gentleman’s step by step guide to achieve the perfect shoe shine.
What you’ll need: clean cloths, soft haired shoe brush, a good quality leather cleaner and leather cream. This should take around ten minutes to complete correctly.
- It is of vital importance that you start with perfectly clean shoes. Do this buy wiping the shoes with damp cloth, then spray with cleaner.
- Shake well, hold upright and spray. Keep the can 10-15cm away from the shoes spray a even amount covering all of the leather.
- Use a soft cloth or bush to work the foam in to the solid areas. Wait 10 seconds and wipe the dirt away with a clean cloth.
- Allow the shoes to dry in room temperature.
- Take leather cream, no need to colour match your cream the new Premium leather cream is suitable for all colours. This nourishes and protects leather.
- Using the sponge, sparingly spread the cream all over the shoe. Do not squeeze the tube just work the sponge in a circular motion over the entire surface of the shoe. Always make sure you work the Leather cream[1. Leather cream works deep into the leather leaving a longer lasting effect. ] into all the crevices and cracks in the leather.
- Leave to dry for 3 minutes and buff.
There you have it gentlemen, the guide to soldier smart shoes.