Clinique is owned by cosmetics and beauty giant Estée Lauder Companies, Inc. and can trace it’s birth back to 1967 and an American Vogue magazine article written by beauty editor Carol Phillips with dermatologist Dr. Norman Orentreich, titled “Can Great Skin Be Created?”.
Dr. Norman Orentreich founded the Orentreich Medical Group LLP in 1956 and was a highly regarded dermatologist who created custom products for his patients skin disorders. Evelyn Lauder(wife of Leonard Lauder, Estée Lauder’s son) read the Vogue article and bought it to the attention of Estée Lauder and in 1968 Clinique introduced the world’s first hypo-allergenic, dermatologist designed skincare range, including the Clinique 3-Step Skin Care System (Cleanse, Exfoliate, Moisturise).
Clinique’s products are famed for being hypo-allergenic, which involves testing each product for allergic reactions by applying it to 600 people 12 times, with a standard of zero reactions.
In 1976 Clinique Skin Supplies for Men was introduced. Also known as Clinique for Men, the range fast became one of the most recognised male grooming and men’s skincare brands in the world. The Clinique for Men range covers all areas of men’s skincare from soaps, face cleansers and moisturisers to more advanced solutions such as concealer and bronzer. With ‘manly’ packaging of a dark grey or silver colour the range continues in popularity today.
Ape to Gentleman’s Top 5 Clinique for Men products:
- Clinique for Men Liquid Face Wash – There are two options here, Regular Strength and Extra Strength.
- Clinique for Men Scruffing Lotion – A liquid exfoliator. There are three options here for varying skin types.
- Clinique for Men M Shave Aloe Gel – A rich lathering, gentle and soothing shave gel.
- Clinique for Men M Lotion – A lightweight moisturising lotion for normal to dry skin.
- Clinique for Men Happy For Men – Their signature fragrance with a cool, crisp and citrusy scent.
Availability and more information:
Clinique for Men