Ape to Gentleman NEWS: Grooming news, events and info catering for every Ape to Gentleman. Keep informed.
We didn’t want to overface you with all the industry grooming news of late with heavy, in-depth posts so here’s a trimmed down, low-fat version:
- 14/JAN/2010 – Estée Lauder Companies Inc. has increased the Board to 14 members and elected Richard F. Zannino as a Director effective.
- 14/JAN/2010 – Japan based cosmetics giant Shiseido will acquire US based Bare Escentuals for approximately US$1.7 billion through an all-cash tender offer and second-step merger.
- 14/JAN/2010 – L’Oréal and Hurel Corp. move a step closer to creating an in vitro test for potential allergic reactions to substances that could come into contact with the skin. The device known as Allergy Test on a Chip, should offer an alternative for the animal test known as the local lymph node assay.
- 15/JAN/2010 – The first fragrance for Maison Martin Margiela due on January 25th 2010, named Untitled.
- 15/JAN/2010 – Estée Lauder Cos. Inc. appoint Christopher Wood as Senior Vice President of their Global Strategic Modernisation Initiative.
- 15/JAN/2010 – Crabtree & Evelyn plans to emerge from bankruptcy by the end of January.
Sources: EL Companies, WWD and Business Wire.