The Standard hotel, innovative artistic outfit and purveyors of a stylish night’s sleep, have just launched their collaboration with artist KAWS in the guise of limited edition filament light bulbs.
“I love The Standard and the different projects they have been doing” shares KAWS,
“When invited to create something I wanted to redesign something basic that could be found in every hotel room in the world so we decided to make a light bulb.”
Along with the light bulbs, 2 different types of KAWS pillows in multiple colours and KAWS companion key chains will be exclusively available for sale at New York shop. A Sorayama/KAWS metal sculpture is also on display now at the shop (however unfortunately that is not for sale).
Here’s some more information about the collaboration:
- Limited edition 1,000 sets of 3 bulbs each
- Each set contains red, purple and green filament bulb in KAWS signature XX mark
- Each bulb is a crystal clear, round, 4.75″ x 2.25″, 3 watt bulb with a coloured KAWS filament
- Packaging for the set is co-branded KAWS and The Standard
- Available online at and in Standard Hotel retail shops from 20th January, 2011
- Retail price is $65/set
More about KAWS
Born in 1974, Brooklyn-based artist and designer Brian Donnelly, a.k.a. KAWS, has created an astute and prolific body of work. His vast output includes graffiti writings and street art; graphic, industrial and product design, including limited toy editions and streetwear fashion, sketches, drawings, paintings, murals, and sculptures. Most recently, he has focused some of his attention on showing the art, paintings, and sculptures he has been making as a daily practice for some time. www.kawsone.com.