Slovenia beat England! But don’t worry, only in the worst haircuts stakes. The folks over at men’s shampoo simplifiers Wash & Go have asked the people of Britain who they thought would have the dodgiest barnet on the pitch this summer, they voted for Algeria’s Fawzi Chaouchi – and so far he hasn’t disappointed! Perhaps Koren of Slovenia shouldn’t be so cocky about beating us either seeing as he came in at number 7 on the list and yet our boys were nowhere to be seen – figures!
Spain and Argentina might be tearing up the turf on the pitch but they are expected to be the teams sporting the worst overall hair, with that popular slicked back looks that Brits just can’t seem to embrace (thankfully!)
Worst haircuts expected from the 2010 tournament:
- Fawzi Chaouchi, Algeria 36%
- Puyol, Spain 19%
- Kyrgiakos, Greece 11%
- Coloccini, Argentina 8%
- Tevez, Argentina 7%
- Song, Cameroon 7%
- Ramos, Spain 4%
- Ronaldo, Portugal 4%
- Koren, Slovenia 2%
- Malouda, France 2%
Worst 10 Football Haircuts EVER:
- Chris Waddle, England (1990) 32%
- Ronaldo, Brazil (2002) 16%
- Taribo West, Nigeria (2002) 15%
- Valderrama, Columbia (1990) 10%
- Roberto Baggio, Italy (1994) 9%
- Alex Lalas, USA (1994) 6%
- Seaman, England (1998) 5%
- Xavier, Portugal (2002) 3%
- Christian Ziege, Germany (2002) 3%
- Dan Petrescu, Romania (1998) 1%
Wash & Go – the 2in1 shampoo which has been bringing the people of Britain great hair for 21 years – perhaps some international footballers should take notice and stop over-styling!
Who else would we nominate if we could? Gervinho (Ivory Coast), Walter Martinez (Honduras), Marcus Tulio Tanaka (Japan).
Ape to Gentleman recommends: Kevin Keegan.