An Ape to Gentleman partnership with TUMI
Here at Ape to Gentleman, we travel, a lot. And if there’s one thing we’ve learnt- it’s to pack right. It makes carrying lighter, security quicker, and a better end result in terms of the state of your bags‘ contents. Here are top tips for stress-free travel. First things first. Always check the weather forecast for your destination. This will dictate what to pack.
- Buy a lightweight bag to save carry-on weight. This will make manoeuvring through busy airports easier.
- Use a small travel-pouch to pack a separate set of clothes into your brief or personal bag, just in case your luggage gets lost.
- Have an ‘essentials pack’ on hand with painkillers, hand sanitiser, umbrella, etc.
- Pack clothes inside dry cleaning plastic wraps.
Paul Smith ‘A Suit To Travel In’ Soho Slim-Fit Wool Suit in navy, £730
- Buy specific travel clothing and or turn your blazer inside out to prevent creases. Pack socks, undergarments and other small items around the handlebars to create a flat packing surface, or in shoes to save space.
- Put a retaW fragrance tablet, luggage tag, clothes spray or clothes-dryer sheet inside your suitcase to keep your clothes smelling fresh.
- When hanging items, layer garments; shirt/ jacket/ trousers can all be hung on one coat-hanger. Wrap belts around the inside of the case, insert into shoes, or line collars with them to keep them crisp.
- Roll clothes instead of folding (i.e. roll socks into your shoes).
- Unscrew the lids of toiletries and place a simple patch of cling film on the top and screw them back on to prevent any liquids from ruining your trip.
- Choose the right shoes and wear the heaviest ones to reduce weight in your suitcase.
Malin+Goetz Grooming Kit, £32
- Buy travel-sized toiletry packs or buy them when you get to your destination or use the ones the hotels provide to reduce space and weight in your bag.
- Make a photocopy of your passport when traveling to another country. Keep the copy in a separate bag from your passport.
Bon voyage, gentleman!