Ape’s Bombay Sapphire Gin Cocktail
Photography by Ape to Gentleman
Last week Ape were invited to the home of Bombay Sapphire; at their new Laverstoke distillery- partly to sample some superb cocktails but mainly to learn of the incredible depths this famous brand goes to in ensuring its unique flavour profile delights every time. This is easily surmised as A Gin of Ten Journeys; owing to the ten botanicals within the Bombay Sapphire;
Juniper Berries, Grains of Paradise, Almonds, Lemon Peel, Cuceb Berries, Coriander Seeds, Angelica Root, Cassia Bark, Orris Root and Liquorice. If you follow our Instagram feed- you’ll be well up to date with our journey through the distillery and what it has to offer. It’s well worth a visit if you missed it. For the purpose of this post, Bombay Sapphire challenged us to create our own cocktail.
After much deliberation and some careful sampling we came to the conclusion that the Bombay Sapphire Orange & Peppcorn Twist is the winner- a sweet, spicy take on a classic Gin & Tonic; its best when savoured slowly for its rich citrusy flavours and warm peppery kick. Ideal for pre-dinner drinks.
- 50 ml Bombay Sapphire
- 100 ml Premium tonic water
- Orange Zest
- 3 Cracks of peppercorn
- Fill balloon glass to rim with good ice.
- Stir until frosted then strain excess liquid from glass.
- Add juice from squeezed orange and 3 cracks of peppercorn then press a couple of times, discard after squeezing.
- Add Bombay Sapphire.
- Stir drink to acclimate contents.
- Tilt glass and pour chilled tonic water down side of glass and lift once gently using bar spoon.
- Garnish with orange zest and peppercorns.
We’d be interested to hear your take on this cocktail. We think it’s delicious; and the black pepper only emphasises one of the Bombay Sapphire key botanicals. It’s simple, delicious and refreshing, perfectly reflecting Bombay Sapphire; A Gin of Ten Journeys.