Iffley Road Storm Jacket
Running can be at its most invigorating at this time of year. With the rain lashing down and a cold wind blowing, the decision to leave your sofa for the great outdoors is invariably the right one- assuming you’re dressed appropriately.
On that note, we turn to one of our favourite brands, Iffley Road, who have introduced their new Storm Jacket. As with the rest of their brand, they have used first class fabrics, elegantly cut to this runners’ bad weather staple. The functionality is, as ever, fit for purpose without superfluous detailing.
The right fabric is key to any winter running jacket. It has to be waterproof, windproof yet breathable. Ideally, for running, it should be soft, flexible and reasonably lightweight too. Iffley Road have spent years scouring the technical trade fairs and believe they’ve found the perfect fabric, a highly technical three layer Italian soft-shell incorporating ActiveCollant™ technology- which apparently performs exceptionally during long wet runs.
As mentioned, cut is also critical, the Storm Jacket has a relatively slim, straight cut to prevent flapping, and sleeves cut sufficiently generously to allow free arm movement but without being baggy. The Iffley Road Storm Jacket also features:
- Full length zip guard and fully taped seams ensure maximum waterproofing.
- The collar and zip garage are lined with our bespoke drirelease piqué for extra comfort.
- Two discreet in seam pockets, in the same style as all our running tops, provide ample secure storage for keys, phone and gels. In addition there are two internal pouch pockets capable of holding larger items such as maps.
- Under arm ventilation. Three discrete laser cut eyelets under each arm complement the natural breathability of the fabric.
- High visibility detailing is provided by extremely reflective piping integrated into the lower back seams.
- Internal elasticated cuffs keep the sleeves snugly in positioning without compromising the minimalist look of the garment.
- The signature Iffley Road tri-stripe ribbon is used as an internal hang loop plus a flash of external detail.