In 2013, Nike launched Hypervenom, a new line of boots for players from Neymar Jr. to Wayne Rooney. Since, Nike’s design team have never stopped working on what they could do to make the next boots better- relentlessly innovating, and leading to the creation of Hypervenom II.
Designed for attacking players who are ‘deceptive by nature’ on the pitch- the boot is capable of moving in any direction, crafted to support these types of movement, all while delivering a strong sense of style.
Key innovations include:
– A new Dynamic Fit Collar with seam placement off the tendon has been designed for comfort and no distraction, delivering enhanced fit and a proprioception players demand
– Anatomical synergy has been achieved with the addition of Nike Flywire – strategically mapped into the boot to create a lockdown system that prevents sliding within it, with additional siping added in heavy ball-contact areas for enhanced touch
– A foot-informed design means all of the linear angles on the boot align with the natural flex of the foot, so that it works with the foot, rather than for it
– In response to player feedback, the sole plate is comprised of a softer compound than the original for added comfort. The split-toe design and agility traction pattern unleash a quick response for sudden changes of direction
– Distinctive Zig-Zag sidewalls, which are neither as firm as the plate nor as soft as the upper, providing a medium that makes the shift between the two surfaces more comfortable, while keeping the foot solidly centred on the plate with no rollover
– Performance innovation combines with style in an aggressive, bold, powerful design featuring a striking wrap-around graphic on the plate and sidewalls, inspired by animals that carry special colouring on their underside, often indicative of poisonous capabilities