It’s coming up to that time of the year again when the dads of the world pretend they don’t want anything, but actually, they want everything. We’ve all been there: he’s played it cool for weeks in advance saying he doesn’t believe in it and he doesn’t want anything. He unwraps the socks you’ve got him and his face drops completely. He pretends he just wanted socks but you know he’s gutted. Not this year. No sir. The old man deserves a proper present for Father’s Day.
So what’ve we got here? Just a carefully curated selection of gifts that will lift his style and cement your status as the best son or daughter there’s ever been. You can thank us later.
CIGA Design Mechanical Watch
Created in conjunction with a number of international and seasoned designers, CIGA Design has created a selection of mechanical wristwatches. The result is a range of traditional watches with modern mechanical ‘art aesthetics’.
We see original designs, cutting-edge technology and sophisticated yet affordable mechanical watches. The type of timepiece that will look as at home on your dad’s wrist whether he’s a newbie or seasoned watch collector.
- CIGA Design U Series Blue Planet: CIGA Design Blue Planet is a gorgeous watch with beautiful design and concept. The intricate dial details crisp, sprawling mountains, and pristine land. Nothing more exciting than the world on your wrist and the Blue Planet is the first Chinese watch to ever win at the GPHG.
- GIGA Design Z Series Skeleton Watch: Z Series skeleton watch has become one of the most sought-after collections from CIGA Design with its top-tier craftsmanship and aesthetics at a relatively affordable price. It’s ultimately scratch-resistant with a 3ATM water resistance, perfect for any social occasion.
- CIGA Design Series My: MY Series skeleton watch is recognized as a round-shape timeless model that is bound to be exceptional with its innovative dial design. A design that can stand the test of time does not follow the wave of others.
Ape intel: Looking to purchase a watch just in time for Father’s Day? CIGA Design is offering 15% off its CIGA Design Z Series at Amazon from June 13 to June 19, 2022.
An Upgraded Shave With Bolin Webb
Through a decade of design excellence, Bolin Webb has inspired the grooming world by turning the repetitive routine of shaving into a distinct pleasure for men. First launched in London in May 2011 the brand brought to the world a unique selection of grooming tools that were design-led for handling and performance, capturing the same bold colours and evocative emotion found in automotive design.
Bolin Webb razors fall into two distinct categories, the R1, fitted with a Gillette Mach 3 Blade, and the X1, fitted with a Gillette Fusion Blade. On its journey, the brand has collected several design and brand awards, taking accolades from the prestigious Red Dot award in Germany to GQ Best Razor, to name but two.
Therefore, a Bolin Webb Razor Set is an ideal gift for the modern, clean-shaven dad. Here are Ape’s picks:
- X1 Nero Black Triple Razor Set: The complete shaving tool-kit from Bolin Webb, comprising an X1 Nero Black razor with Gillette Fusion Proglide blade, razor stand and robust travel case.
- R1 Jack Razor: A striking projection of the iconic flag of Great Britain, the R1 Jack Razor is sleek and distinctive. Hand sprayed with premium automotive paints and fitted with a Gillette Mach3 Blade, it comes in a gift box with one blade cartridge.
- R1 Monza Red and Travel Case: A showpiece in Italian red – sleek and distinctive. The perfect gift for summer travel. Hand sprayed with premium automotive paints and fitted with a Gillette Mach3 Blade.
Get Active In Style
If dad needs a little push to get active, or more specifically start running, then Acid Running could be the answer. Good for body and mind, running shouldn’t be a reason to neglect style.
The brand’s first collection is an homage to the ancient principles of stoicism. Considered a ‘low philosophy’, its noble tenets have inspired runners in their darkest moments for centuries. Cold tones reflect the humble virtues of the stoic, whilst the minimalist aesthetic is interspersed with stoic messaging, to remind you that running and suffering are inseparable – yet the rewards are worth it.
Travleisure (Travel-wear Meets Ath-leisure) For On-The-Go Style & Comfort
In today’s world, style shouldn’t come at the expense of comfort – and we’re sure most dads would agree. Introducing NxTSTOP, a brand boasting sustainable, high performance Travleisure clothing and accessories for exploring the world, commuting locally, and everywhere in between. Its mission is to help everyone ‘Pack Less and Do More’.
Here are Ape’s picks of the range:
- Airway 2 Travel Pant: the brand’s best-selling pant is made with a lightweight Travleisure® construction that’s wrinkle-resistant, quick-dry and has four-way stretch. Featuring a Swiss HeiQ HYPROTECHT anti-microbial finish, seven pockets and an internal drawstring for comfort, these are go-anywhere, do-anything trousers.
- Liftoff Bamboo Crew Neck: upgrade his T-shirt collection with this design made using super-soft bamboo – much softer than cotton for a smoothing appearance and buttery feel. Travleisure® construction means it’s also odour- and wrinkle-resistant. Lightweight yet warm enough for changing temperatures on the go.
- Upgrade Soft Shell Jacket: an all-season lightweight jacket for travel, active and office wear. Featuring a water- and wind-resistant outer shell, soft brushed fleece inside, three zip pockets, a stand collar and jersey cuffs for a draft-proof fit, this jacket will always have your back.
Pro tip: these three products can be bundled together to make the Men’s Essentials kit. When you buy all three you save 30%.
A Quality Leather Jacket
Once a fashion faux-pas, now a style icon. A quality leather jacket will set dad apart from his contemporaries in the style stakes, and is almost certainly a gift for life that only gets better with age.
The Classic Vegetable Tanned Goatskin Blazer Jacket featured above from Pala Leather is cut in a blazer silhouette from 100% vegetable-tanned goatskin leather. Featuring a front-button closure, notch collar, satin lining and two kangaroo pockets, it is cut slim for a flattering effect.
Handmade Bracelets For Individual Style
Pig & Hen is a bold and refined brand producing handmade bracelets in Amsterdam. The name comes from the early 1600s, where pigs and hens were usually the only survivors of shipwrecks. This led Dutch sailors to tattoo a pig and a hen on their feet for good luck, so the brand honours this story and heritage by creating bracelets that are as durable and resilient as the brave sailors of the past. Expect stylish, masculine bracelets that are built to last and will be continual reminder of you to your dad.
Here are Ape’s picks of the range:
- Little Lewis DBL: This rope bracelet features two silver shackles and is adjustable for a perfect fit. Coming in navy it is understated and masculine, looking just as good with a tee as it does slipped under a white shirt cuff.
- Navarch 6mm in Navy and Silver: This silver cuff is accentuated by the textured navy rope insert, bringing a contemporary twist to a timeless piece of jewellery. A versatile option for the classic yet modern dresser.
- Brontide 6mm in Tiger Eye and Black: Tiger Eye was a rare stone once considered more precious than gold and worn by the bravest soldiers to stand tall in battle, and this bracelet distils that spirit into a piece of jewellery that can’t fail to be noticed.
Best Gym Wear from MATADOR MEGGINGS
We’ll admit it: compression leggings may not be for everyone, but the truth is they’re the most comfortable attire for workout, running, Crossfit, yoga, and beyond. MATADOR MEGGINGS is an innovative men’s athleisure brand primarily known for its men’s leggings specifically designed for the male anatomy featuring a no-VPL (visible penis line) modesty pad concealing the groin department, multiple pockets, a t-shirt/towel loop at the back, an inner drawstring, and high performance sweat-wicking silky fabric in dozens of bold colors and wild prints! They offer knee-length compression shorts that are ideal for the summer months.
If your dad is active and always on the move, consider a pair of Matadors, which craft high-performance technical active wear that’s equally comfortable hitting the squat rack or running errands at the mall. Our pick is the All Black Meggings (pictured above), which is ideal for beginners if you need to ease into the idea of leggings before you venture into their head-turning prints. Simple and understated, they are perfect for everyday use and will combine well with other athleisure pieces they offer like t-shirts and tank tops.
If your dad likes to cycle, we have an even better pick for him: Matador Bike Collection is designed to cater everyone from professional cyclists to casual bikers. Their biker meggings and biker shorts feature a built-in soft and fluffy padding that keeps your bum comfy making them ideal for a long bike ride or spinning class. Whether you want to make a bold statement at the gym, or you’re trying to steal the spotlight at the Tour de France, the Matador bike gear is the best option for you.
Wolf & Shepherd are here to upgrade your dad’s footwear collection. A group of former Division I Track & Field athletes, with backgrounds in performance shoe design and development, they’re on a mission to bring the dress shoe into the 21st century.
Here are Ape’s picks from the range:
- The Crossover Longwing: built to bridge the gap between work and play. Featuring a lightweight construction, shock absorbent cushioning and premium Italian leather, this is a shoe that can be dressed up or down effortlessly.
- The SwiftKnit Derby: a super-lightweight knit mesh lends extra stretch to the brand’s lightest, most adaptable shoe yet. This casual shoe has a clean look that’s punctuated by high-quality details. Placed on top of an athletic, agile foam sole, the smooth knit material will look good whether teamed with slim-cut chinos or jersey shorts.
- The Crossover Victory Trainer: a sporty design strengthened by a durable Italian leather trim and foam-injected scuba lining, these are a sophisticated alternative to traditional sneakers that will work as hard in and out of the gym.
The Ultimate Outerwear
If your dad’s idea of a dream weekend is going on a hike (with a stop off at the pub), there’s a good chance he could do with an upgraded waterproof jacket – in terms of both functionality and style. For this, look no further than outerwear icon Helly Hansen.
The brand’s Verglas Infinity Outdoor Shell Jacket is made specifically to cope with unpredictable weather thanks to the addition of extremely waterproof, breathable and responsible LIFA INFINITY™ technology. Designed with input from pros who stay mountainside for long days, it’s suitable for back country skiing, hiking and mountaineering, so is sure to cope with anything your dad or Mother Nature can throw at it.
The Ultimate Summer Shoes
Boasting over 30 years’ of shoemaking expertise and design, Chatham’s British-designed lace-up boat shoes are some of the best you can buy. And our pick of the range is the Deck II: a key style in the brand’s bestselling G2 collection, which is famed for its long-lasting, high quality shoes.
Crafted from premium chocolate leather with an enhanced grip sole, the Deck II is moccasin-constructed for an optimal fit and handstitched on the last. It also features sole spring poron performance cushioning, which is anti-bacterial while offering maximum comfort and shock absorption, and as part of the durable G2 collection benefits from a unique 2-year manufacturer’s guarantee.
Your dad will thank you from a comfort point of view, and you’ll know he’s covered aesthetically.
A Modern Tipple
Brewdog surprised us all with a move into the spirits category, but they’ve proved a welcome addition to the line up. Authentic in design and taste, Brewdog’s sprits range offers diversity and versatility. Each of the categories bottled to date – gin, spiced rum and vodka – have classic and flavour variants alike to cater for a spectrum of tastes. So whether it is the refreshing Lone Wolf Gin, the rich and comforting 500 Cuts Rum or the crisp Seven Day Vodka there really is something for every dad.
Keep an eye out for the brand’s whisky landing soon, too.
This article contains products chosen by Ape, from paid partnership brands – words and opinion are Ape’s own