Alpiner 4 Black Flyback Manufacture Chronograph
A family-owned fine watchmaking manufacturer in Geneva, Switzerland, founded in 1883 with a 130 year history is certainly something to take note of. Experience counts. Introducing watch brand Alpina, who created the concept of the Swiss sports watch as we know it today with the invention of its legendary Alpina 4 in 1938.
Alpina is today one of few independent Swiss watch companies that develops, produces and assembles its movements entirely in-house. Alpina’s mission is to design and engineer luxury sport watches that operate with the greatest precision and reliability possible in the most demanding sporting environments, like the Alps.
A fine example is their new “full black” Alpiner 4 Black Flyback Manufacture Chronograph AL-760, due to be fully revealed soon at Baselworld 2016. In 2015, Alpina celebrated an important first in its 132 years history with the launch of its AL-760, the brand`s first in-house Manufacture Flyback Chronograph with patented “Direct Flyback Technology” automatic flyback caliber. Alpina also innovated and simplified the flyback and return to zero mechanism.
Alpina is a specialist in pilots’ watches, most equipped with the calibre AL-760 with a split-seconds function. Also known by the name of “flyback”, this function was invented in the 1930s to make it easier for pilots to use this most essential of instruments.
The Alpiner 4 Black Flyback Manufacture Chronograph demonstrates an aggressive and distinctive personality, made with an intense black PVD coated case made out of stainless steel. The black dial with beige luminous pearl black applied indexes, matching the luminous beige hands is a unique design, whilst integrating the antimagnetic, water-resistant, anti-shock and stainless features of the Alpina 4 sport watch.
- Reference: AL-760BBG5FBAQ6
- Movement: AL-760 in-house Automatic Manufacture Flyback Chronograph Caliber 32 jewels, 38 hours power reserve, 28’800 alt/h.
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds at 9, date by date at 6 o’clock.
- Mechanical Flyback Chronograph: Central chronograph secondhand 30 minutes counter at 3 o’clock.
- Case: Stainless Steel with Black PVD coating, 44 mm diameter, Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, 10 ATM/100m/330ft water-resistant, Engraved case-back, Antimagnetic (ISO Certified), Antishock (ISO Certified), Screw-in crown.
- Dial: Black dial with applied pearl black indexes with beige luminous coating and Beige luminous coated hour and minute hands. Telemeter scale.
- Strap: Black genuine leather strap with beige stitching.