With holiday season fast approaching and many of us travelling for business regardless of the time of year, we asked our resident personal stylist Sarah Gilfillan of Sartoria Lab for her finest packing tips to help you look crisp, cool and crease free this summer.
1. Pack shoes, toiletries and heavy things at the bottom of the case or near the wheels and lighter things on top so they don’t get crushed.
2. Put a couple of layers of tissue paper in between the folds of your shirt to help keep out the creases.
3. Embrace the seersucker trend this summer- especially if you like structure and crispness to your clothes. J.Crew have a good selection of shirts, shorts and trousers. Brilliantly non crushable.
Unstructured blazer in seersucker by J.Crew – better with creases
4. Look for shirts and t-shirts made from Lyocell (also called Tencel) which is a synthetic fabric made from wood pulp. It claims to be more absorbent than cotton, softer than silk and cooler than linen and on top of all that, it doesn’t crease.
5. If you do find wrinkles when you arrive then pat a bit of water onto the creases, smooth out and it should help to get rid of the creases. Personally I find this works much better than hanging clothes in a steamy bathroom which seems to do zero for the wrinkles in my clothes.