November is becoming increasingly better known as Movember. This isn’t just a portmanteau, it’s a foundation set up to encourage men to sport a moustache or Mo’ during November, to raise awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and testicular cancer. All you need to do is grow or ‘wear’ a moustache throughout November to generate awareness, you can even raise money for the Movember Foundation.
Each Mo Bro must begin the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face. For the entire month each Mo Bro must grow and groom a moustache. It’s pretty simple and a great cause. Ape to Gentleman can assist with this, below you’ll find a selection of great styles to aim for and advice for keeping your moustache in best order. Expert beard care.
– Begin: starting the month clean shaven requires a razor, buy the Gillette Fusion ProGlide – it’s the best razor on the planet and will give you a close yet comfortable shave. Our Top 10 Shaving Creams guide will assist with your choice of shaving cream.
– Cultivate: keeping your Mo’ styled, neat and tidy is essential. An unruly Mo’ suits no man, Ape nor Gentleman. You can continue to shave the rest of your beard area with your trusty wet razor but for specific styling of longer facial hair you need a styler. The Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler (£20) is great, it’s a small and precision tool for edging, trimming and thinning out facial hair.
– Tend: facial hair including a moustache brings its own problems; dry skin beneath is one, especially with the cooler weather arriving and moisture sapping central heating. Mr Natty Frank’s Beard Elixir (£7/ 10ml) is blended with the best natural oils and will hydrate your skin and leave beard hair soft, clean and smelling superb.
– Comb: like the hair on your head, your moustache will need styling too. There are more solutions than you might think – try combing your moustache with the Kent Brushes Movember Moustache Comb (£4.50), to detangle and neaten hair.
– Style: moustache wax is the solution here – warm a small quantity between your thumb and forefinger, then style your Mo’ into your desired shape. Try Mr Natty Twizzle Moustache Wax (£6.50/ 15ml) – a natural lavender scented moustache preparation, perfect for keeping your moustache in shape.
Learn more at movember.com.