Football (or soccer) fans will be aware of Liverpool FC recently choosing Warrior as their kit manufacturer over Adidas. US based Warrior was founded in 1992 by Mr David Morrow – a former lacrosse champion. Liverpool FC, depending on which team you support do look rather sharp in their new kit brand, and now Warrior have released an equally impressive boot collection, a pair of which Ape to Gentleman were lucky enough to test, called the Warrior Skreamer Pro.
The Blue Radiance/ Bright Marigold colourway is superb, outlandish but subtle at the same time. In your hand, the boot feels sturdy but light – a good mix. It certainly looks unique, an interesting change from the Nike and Adidas boots available.
- One piece S-Lite microfibre upper is with micro injection moulding and rebound technology to enhance natural power.
- Arrowhead Forefoot Vamp for power and ball control.
- Arrow Bed Insole to promote circulation under the foot while heightening tactile sensitivity.
- Thorax Exo-Skeleton cage to protect and shield the mid-foot during play.
- Seamless internal construction system to prevent internal abrasion and provide form-fitting comfort.
- Specifically angled ClawTec Blades for grip and release.
- Slash-proof Heel Shield for extra support.
- Carbon X-Bow shank for faster acceleration and game-enhancing stamina.
- P-BX Outsole to ensure force and stability at high speeds.
- Deep Lace system for fit and feel.
Akin to the legendary Adidas Predator boot, the Skreamer Pro benefits from a grippy exterior – which made it ideal for control and touch, then conversely for curl and accuracy the boots performed equally well.
We tested the firm ground version, and the ClawTec Blades performed superbly providing good traction and quick release for acceleration.
Comfort wise, the Skreamer Pro excelled again – almost instantly, the boots were form-fitting and crucially provided excellent feedback from the ball.
Premier League footballers wearing Warrior boots so far include Everton and Belgian midfielder Marouane Fellaini, and Manchester City and Belgian defender Vincent Kompany.
At £125 for these top of the range Skreamer Pro boots, the Warrior offering proves to be real value for money, especially when compared to similar from Nike and Adidas. The Warrior Skreamer Pro boots are recommended by Ape to Gentleman.